Darling You'll Be Okay

Darling You'll Be Okay

Friday, January 2, 2015

First day of school at NUS High

Transport

For goodness sake, i had to wake up at 5 am. I only slept at 1 in the morning! That's only four hours of sleep! And the fact that I'm dismissed only at 5:30pm, which is the peak hours, not to mention late, rather pissed me off. I was squeezed flat as a pancake in the train & bus... It's a wonder I could even squeeze on in the first place. But heng, I can avoid all these in the morning since I'm taking the school bus. What a relief. Though if I can be on the school bus on the way back too... That would be just great.

Year 1 orientation 2015 (Part 1)

The orientation theme this year is this weird thing that I dont know how to pronounce or type out... Though I know it's something got to do with time. The storyline started with a guy called Matthew who said he's from 3005 ( Yeah, I didnt make a typo ). So he was planning to visit 2105, NUS High's 100th anniversary, but instead ended up in 2015, which is NUS High's 10th anniversary. AND his time machine decided to go faulty. It can only travel to the past but not to the future. So he's now stranded in 2015. It came to him that since his time machine can travel to the past, why not he go to the past and round up history's greatest thinkers to help him fix his machine? Ended up WE ( the Year 1-5s ) have to help him round up Fibonacci, Fleming, Faraday and Nobel.  So yeah, with this, we went about the school for the rest of the day doing a load of activities. They provided lunch, which was rice with some veggie, meat, fishcake and some unknown sauce. Tastes not bad. At the end of the day, just before dismissal, Matthew closed up on the thing by announcing that the time machine was fixed. Way to go, Matthew! Invent a better time machine next time! BTW Matthew's acting skills was really good. and real funny too. I laughed a lot during his storyline. And that's rare cuz hardly are there any things that make me laugh.

Uniform

IT'S AWESOME!!! White polo t-shirt with light green skorts. Just that the skorts are a big long. and I bought my polo t-shirt a size too big. But overall still beats other secondary schools. gosh, some of their uniforms look hideous. Like, REALLY bad. just sayin'

The activity I hated most during today's orientation:

The mass dance. OMG the steps were so fast and I suck at dancing I couldn't catch up AT ALL. So I just anyhow-anyhow and copy whatever the person in front of me is doing. So ended up with a pretty shitty dance-half of the time I wasn't even moving


No comments:

Post a Comment

D: Say something